Saturday, October 12, 2013

Yan Fei's SF blog

San Francisco! The perfect city to go for my first time to America. I would first like to thank Ngee Ann poly for granting us this amazing trip. If not for this trip, I dont think I would ever step foot into America in the near future.

When I first reached the SFO airport and stepped out into the city of San Francisco, I was absolutely smitten by it. Its surroundings, its environment, its nature, its buildings, everything about it struck a chord in me. I thought that SF was a very beautiful city, and life here seems much relaxed and alluring compared to the hectic pace of life in Singapore. I loved the cold air, the colorful and weird arrangements of the buildings, the beautiful scenery and mountain backdrops. It was also especially beautiful at night.

Moving on, throughout the two weeks we went sightseeing, taking lessons, and going on industrial visits. It was all a great, unimaginable experience for me. The highlight of sightseeing for me was the twin peaks. It gave us a very nice view of SF, and I took a lot of photos there. Standing there really made me feel like I was at the top of the world. The lessons by Ty were also very interesting. He taught us gamification, and while I had learnt it before, the way he taught it made me understand it better. I also appreciated the work he has done in the industry and was awestruck by his portfolio. I wish I could one day be as skilled as him. Next, the industrial visit that was most memorable to me was the Gazillion studios. The people working there were fun loving and active. They answered any questions we had, and we learned a lot of what they do thanks to them touring us around their workplace. I could really sense their sincerity and passion for their own work through our time with them.

We also went to Los Angeles. It was also a pretty great city, where we visited Hollywood, Warner Brothers and Disneyland. One bad experience I had at Hollywood was that I was scammed a hefty $40 'tip', just by taking photos with two women dressed as movie characters. I learnt my lesson the hard way and will avoid such scams in the future.

Overall, that didn't bother me much as I really enjoyed my time here in San Francisco. If I were given another chance to go to America, I would definitely go and also visit other cities if possible.

Thanks 1Light Media for hosting us during this trip!

Written by Ng Yan Fei

(Pictures coming soon...)

No comments:

Post a Comment